active speakers, Paradise? Trouble in paradise?

Anyone ever hear or own active speakers that made you forget about all the rest?

Or are active speakers best left to the studio engineers?

And DJ’s?
blindjim
I own active ones that did exactly that, made me forget about all the passive ones.
I also own a Pair of Fully active speakers. They are called Rushmores , by Pass Labs. Truly Paradise.

Ecruz

Having seen the price for the big ACTS.. I should think being impressed ought to happen when first demoed.

I get the imp from many such reviews, save those on the Quad and Adam monitors, some self powered units have stupendous atack capabilities.

Your note on the presentation not being piercing or painful, is helpful. The big ACTS though, or the big Meridians, etc. are way beyond this campers campfire.

I too heard a pretty nice setup last night.. ML Sumits, Esoteric player, powered by Pass Labs, top pre, and a pr of xa 160.5, and 'The One' cabling. Well treated... maybe too well, but in all a very nice setting, sound,and great gear.... and again, that ain't happening for me without a mask and a gun, or getting all six numbers exactly ringht some weekend.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Shadorne

Thanks for the insights. That list should help a lot to further a gbit of leg work.

I've thought about these for a while... active units that is... and felt they had just loads of obstacles to contend with in order to recreate what non active speakers do... but it would appear their makers ahve figured out how to overcome these barriers.

It's an interesting proposal... I suspect too these reproducers are not difficut to remove the active parts if there is any failure?

...and it seems to me to stand to reason , the active speakers like electrostats get plugged into AC current too.
With a tight budget, KRK VXT8 are amazing active speakers for under 1200/pr. It gives active-newbies a slight taste of what full fledge active speaker system can do.
Active x/o actually solves loads of problems. What's the logic (or benefit) of taking the amplified signal and dumping it into yet another circuit? Passive is for the plug-n-play crowd.