Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
Robert, that was slightly’ tongue in cheek’...though it is a simpler (and wishful) solution to the previous few posts on the topic. : )

BTW, have you had a chance to hear the BASiS units? If so, thoughts?

Like you, I’m impressed with low frequency level, performance and quality from the ’standalone’ Nenuphar.
No, I didn't listen to the BASiS; I'm not really a bass addict. In addition,I believe they are quite expensive (11,000 euros). Even the smaller stand alone subs are sold at Refined Audio for $5,500 -- which Jon admits is expensive.

- Robert
David, because Munich was cancelled I haven’t listened to the BASiS. Actually I’m more interested in the Magus for customers who can’t stretch to the Nenuphar’s.
Robert and Robert, thanks for your responses. 

If anyone owns / has had ears on the Nenuphar BASiS, please post.

RY: given the costs (and performance), that makes sense... as well as room sizes in the UK and Europe.

My move has been seriously postponed due to the current pandemic. Probably a year out now. It will be interesting what I end up with, listening room wise...and whether I will be able to try out the BASiS or an alternative future offering from Cube Audio.
@rwpollock Obviously it's *best* to just let the speaker designer make all the decisions for you, but there are a lot of subwoofer options out there that have all the basic features of the BASiS subs.  The full range driver is indeed "rocket science-ish", but looking at the subs makes me think there are plenty of other more cost effective solutions that might work just fine. 

The pandemic has hit almost all of us, so I'm also on long delay, but I'm still thinking about building the sealed box diy version of their monitors and pairing with my existing subs (the 2 x 12" bass units of Coincident PREs) and subwoofer amplifiers (Dayton audio SA1000 monoblocks). Won't look as pretty and may not sound quite as good, but it should be close at the worst.