Anyone have experience with Soundsmith’s strain gauge?

After watching Peter Ledermann’s excellent presentation on phono cartridge design I am now quite interested in his Strain gauge cartridge. Unfortunately reviews for the product seem to be sparse and are from nearly a decade ago. I’m wondering if anyone here is an owner of such a system and if they’d be so kind as to share their experience with it. I currently have the Aida cartridge from their high output MI lineup and I want to know if the sound really is a big step up from what I currently have. 
thermionicvinyl
Just checked w my contact
He runs his SG w
Kecces P8 24V, 2 no. R and L channels, $700 each
Absolutely transforms microdetail resolution, air, imaging, grain reduction, bass power, speed
...basically impvts across the board
$10k gets you a world class cart w no need for phono
Imho, superior to Transfiguration Orpheus and Lyra Parnassus which I've run in my system
Leaves Zu Denon 103, Lyra Skala, Roksan Shiraz, in it's wake
Yes that sounds quite incredible according your description and I can understand why some people may not like the sound. It reminds of the reaction people get when moving from electrodynamic speakers to magnepans or electrostats, it’s very different. You mentioned your Turntable is extremely high end and it makes me wonder if my Prime Scout is up for the job or if the money is better spent elsewhere. 

Also has anybody heard the optical cartridges from DS audio? They seem to be a similar concept for a comparable price.
@spiritofmusic first and importantly, yes I have and seek out opportunity to hear unamplified singers as references- Sarah McLachlan, The Wailing Jenny’s, etc.... Peter Gabriel would be a treat. small but world class chorale groups....certainly maintain the emotional connection is important:-) 

you imply each record on the SG has distinct and optimal azimuth and VTA. How much adjustment are you doing in actual practice?

Fremer is in love with the pricetag And long term loans. I listen to inputs from long term owners who are not constantly flipping references and I especially discount those raving on about stuff they have yet to hear.. So before falling all over myself, I will invest in hearing it.

the life cycle cost advantages are not insignificant:-) Good for Peter - my hope is he can thrive as we seek refuge in music

grace and peace

Thermionic, my tt/arm not considered high end, but I've maxxed out performance w some fairly radical mods incl €6k Stacore isolation.
Audio is a synergy and a blend, and I've spent as much on the tt/arm as I have on the SG which I consider a cart/phono system.
So in pure monetary terms the SG is not out of place or extravagant here.
Tomic, don't say it! I had to wait 9 months for my Zu Defs 4 spkrs  after the reviewer wouldn't let them go. At least he wrote a good report Lol.
Azimuth set once during initial install. VTA set on the fly, a matter of seconds per lp.