Need speaker cable

Hello everyone,

I am a regular reader of forum, but it’s my first post. I use odyssey cyclops integrated amp and Maggie 1.7i speakers. So far I have been using a Basic 12 gauge speaker wire. I am looking at buying a speaker cable and my budget is around $500. Please let me know your suggestions.
sudharl
sudharl

I’ll assume since you are using 12g wire, it is stranded: it is SO MUCH BETTER to go to an electrical supply house in your area, and purchase 12g SOLID CORE COPPER WIRE. I use it, bare end and twisted together, (from Amp or Integrated) and have never been disappointed.Whether single or bi-wired, it is easily the most cost effective answer. I read years ago a comment made by a high-end speaker mfg., who said this is easily the best for most amp/speaker combo at a value of $78,000 or less.
In my area, the the 12g Solid Core Copper wire (in various colors) at $0.20 (+ tax ) lf - so to 6’ bi-wire my speakers was under $10...
MOST IMPORTANT : BREAK IN FOR 300+ HOURS CONTINUOUS PLAY (vary volume - low overnights, various changes in volume daily for several hours at a time).
Other alternates you might consider: NORDOST FLAT 2or FLAT 4, and cables from JW Audio (similar what you could make yourself, except he cold-treats the cable as well).
You were on the right road with the 12g - now go the rest of the way and be surprised...
REMEMBER: Twisted together, bare ends and adequate break-in.
Good Luck Bud...

Post removed 
How about 65 CENTS per foot? Why pay huge $$ for cables? You can buy 50 conductor flat grey cable, used in computer systems, for $65 for a 100 foot roll from surplus outlets. There is a certain well regarded company selling flat cable for big bucks. They use flat, multi conductor cables too; the first half of their wires for the + conductor and the other half for the - line. I suggest you use every other wire for + and the interleaving wires for the - side. It is a tedious job, stripping 200 wires (pulled apart for 3 or so inches and stripped 1/2 inch or so) to make a pair of cables for a stereo system (it takes me about two hours - I do it while watching PBS documentaries), but it's really worth the bother. The wire "breaks in" in about two hours and you should listen carefully during that  time. The sound changes radically. You may think you wired the strands together incorrectly, initially. Do check very carefully when you connect the strands together (every other one, got it?). Check it with a meter of some kind. I've never heard a better cable. Be sure to cut the cable at right angles to the length so that all the conductors are the same length. Yes,they will be really ugly cables. But they do go under carpets easily.
I haven’t listened/tested high end cables but I am very skeptical of spending $500 on cables for a $1000 amp. (I think I googled the OP’s amp correctly)

I’d suggest spending money on other parts of the setup.  
superultramega,

If you haven't tried it, you have no useful opinion. $500.00 spent on cables for a $1000.00 amplifier is by no means extravagant.