Chord Qutest DAC

Hi,
I'm a newcomer having just registered so hello everybody.
By way of introduction my system comprises,
Pathos Inpol II Class A hybrid amplifier (Italy)
Acoustic Preference Maestoso 2.0 Floorstanding speakers (Connected via Chord Signature speaker cable) (Slovakia)
Rega Saturn CD Player (Not 'R' edition)
I've just purchased the Chord Qutest and whilst I've been running in a few days, I do have two questions if you could help.
Q1. It says on the instruction to leave the Qutest connected to its own power supply. Does this mean that I leave it permanently connected to power 'On', even when not in use for a number of days, or simply connected to power source but switched off therefore not receiving any power when not in use. The unit is getting decidedly warm and I just wanted to be sure I am interpreting instructions correctly.
Q2. What forces change to the sample rate? This doesn't appear to be a manual option but automatically selected by Qutest so assume it is driven by source. The reason I ask is that I listed to primarily CD (and vinyl) and although I have played differing CD quality recordings, they all appear to playback via Qutest with red (44.1) in viewing window. Change in quality of CD recording doesn't appear to change this? Is this correct as I should only expect a change here if I play DSD, SACD, Hi-Res music streaming sites etc. e.g. the original recording or source is different.
Help and advices would be greatly appreciated.
pathos2
Leave the Qutest powered up. I owned a Chord EX and they do get hot to the touch, but should be kept ON.

What is your digital source? So far you are only receiving a 16/44.1 signal.

I cannot find anywhere on the Bluesound if it upconverts everything to 44.1 or not.
@theo ,
Bluesound Node does not upsample or down convert. It natively streams a signal from 16/44.1 up to 24/192.
Check the settings parameters in the BluOs app to see if you can receive HiRes. I honestly can’t remember where this is located. Try Google.

Edit...
I think you need to select select the streaming service and login again. Then you will have access to hires; as long as your Dac samples hires files.

https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360037567434-Qobuz-not-playing-HiRes?mobile_...

Lowrider57: Thank You for your response I think the problem I’ve got with this, is that the 44.1 Indicator is the lowest indication of rate that the Cutest shows. I stream DEEZER at Flac and the Bluesound does indicate HD which tells me I’m getting flac, of course it doesn’t show anything when I’m just passing through the Sonos through it’s optical input. So I think the answer my own question is the fact that there is no indicator for anything less than 44.1 on the Cutest. 

I guess I just never put logic to it to fully understand until just now thank you for your help
If the output to Qutest is from a Windows Source then the Sample Rate and Bit Depth must be set manually.
Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > Set Default Device > Properties > Advanced > Open Drop Down List to select sample / bit Rate.
Also the Windows Drivers are on the Chord Website.
Have a look at the User Manual / Guide for settings.