Chord Qutest DAC

Hi,
I'm a newcomer having just registered so hello everybody.
By way of introduction my system comprises,
Pathos Inpol II Class A hybrid amplifier (Italy)
Acoustic Preference Maestoso 2.0 Floorstanding speakers (Connected via Chord Signature speaker cable) (Slovakia)
Rega Saturn CD Player (Not 'R' edition)
I've just purchased the Chord Qutest and whilst I've been running in a few days, I do have two questions if you could help.
Q1. It says on the instruction to leave the Qutest connected to its own power supply. Does this mean that I leave it permanently connected to power 'On', even when not in use for a number of days, or simply connected to power source but switched off therefore not receiving any power when not in use. The unit is getting decidedly warm and I just wanted to be sure I am interpreting instructions correctly.
Q2. What forces change to the sample rate? This doesn't appear to be a manual option but automatically selected by Qutest so assume it is driven by source. The reason I ask is that I listed to primarily CD (and vinyl) and although I have played differing CD quality recordings, they all appear to playback via Qutest with red (44.1) in viewing window. Change in quality of CD recording doesn't appear to change this? Is this correct as I should only expect a change here if I play DSD, SACD, Hi-Res music streaming sites etc. e.g. the original recording or source is different.
Help and advices would be greatly appreciated.
pathos2
If your central “window” is always staying red then the Qutest is only receiving 44.1 from your source.  What are you using as a source?  If it is windows based did you download the required drivers from the website?  We had a Qutest in a room at the Florida Audio Expo and left it powered continuously. 
Pathos2, welcome and congrats on the Cutest. I have had mine for about a year now and leave it on all the time with no issues. Also contrary to the instructions, I found if you unplug it for any length of time, it re-boots back to its default settings. So your output levels, and filter settings need to be reset.
As far as the sampling rate indicator, I only stream with mine but find that it always shows 44k/Red, but mine is only used with the  Bluesound Node and I think the Node only outputs 44.1, as even when I use Sonos optical out to the Bluesound then to the Cutest, for Pandora only, it still shows Red. I cannot find anywhere on the Bluesound if it upconverts everything to 44.1 or not.
As far as as SACD, I don’t think any player will digitally output anything above 44.1 or at least my players don’t. I think they set that as a copy protection default.
I have Chord Qutest and leave it on all the time.
In my case I have replaced the stock power supply with a Small Green Computer 5V Linear Power Supply. This drops the noise floor a smidge. With respect to CDs. 44.1 kHz 16 bit is the Redbook CD standard. Enjoy your Qutest, it’s a great piece of kit.
If you play hi res sources that are at better than CD quality, you will see colors other than red through the Qutest porthole.

As per the Cord manual, the "Chord Qutest DAC is fully future-proof with 768kHz PCM support, DSD up to 256 via DoP (Mac) and native DSD up to DSD 512 playback (via ASIO driver for Windows). Sample rate switching is fully automatic, intuitively triggered by your device, playback application or computer. You can identify the incoming sample rate by observing the colour displayed in the viewing porthole and referencing it to the guide below:

1. 6  Filter selection switch - 4x filters available

2. 7  Viewing glass porthole and sample rate indicator

3. 8  Input selector switch".

Please see this link for the color codes for the different steaming rates:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Qutest-User-Manual.pdf