Dynaudio Confidence 20 vrersus Kef reference 1

Any any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much. Paul.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xpalbrecht1
Post removed 
Thats, like, your opinion dude!

Have you heard them?  What didn’t you like?  What stand mount speakers do you prefer in the $4000 range?  Do you like the Special 40’s at $2000?

I've heard the Reference and it was a really smooth listen. Maybe a tad dark sounding, but I kinda like that signature. In a fairly large room the sub 40hz bass was missing, so that was probably my only gripe.

I've also listened to the special 40 and to me at had more sub bass impact, but this was in a smaller room. I thought it sounded a bit aggressive for my taste, but again it could have been the room. The Confidence 20 goes deeper in the bass than the special 40.
Owned both brands over the years.  Agree with what's been said so far.  Both are neutral speakers, but the Kef more so.  Dynaudio has a slightly more forward and robust/rich/soft presentation, Kef slightly more laid-back and open.  The Kef lets you see deeper into the recording, but at the same time will also highlight any deficiencies in your front end components and is less forgiving to poorly recorded program material.  I think the more forgiving nature of Dynaudio makes it cheaper and easier to achieve good sound with a modest front end, whereas Kef will reward you more with better components.  Both speakers require high power to sound their best, in my experience.