Speaker vibration control idea.. What are your thought?

Hello All,

I have a pair of Gallo ref 3.1. If you are familiar with this speaker then you know many prefer to raise the speaker between 4-8 inches to get the tweeter closer to ear level. I have suspended wood floors and notice with my Gallos that a tremendous amount of low frequency energy in getting into the floor and walls at moderate to higher volumes. There is member here who's solution was to by ballistic rubber blocks and he indicates that it accomplishes both.

My question: as this is a rubber platform (between 6 and 8 inches tall) and very dense/heavy, do you think this could potentially pass more vibration to the floor? Would it do the opposite and isolate the vibration? Dampen the vibration? I'm interested as it is a relatively cheap way to get the speakers off the floor, but just know about the material and how it would or would not provide a vibration control benefit. 

What Say You All?

Thanks in Advance
128x128birdfan
The whole house and room/floor are shaking even before you put on music. That’s kind of the whole point. He-loo! Earth to mc! 👨‍🚀
 I have a bunch of BDR stuff in my closet where it belongs. BDR =glare and hardness Not very
PS Every one in a while, after upgrading gear, I try BDR again.  The vacation from the closet is short-lived.

I have suspended wood floors and notice with my Gallos that a tremendous amount of low frequency energy in getting into the floor and walls at moderate to higher volumes.
In conjunction with whatever else you do, you may want to look at the floor joist support directly beneath the speakers...some cross bracing may help.  Some years ago, there were a couple of folks who added supports directly below the speakers extending down to the concrete basement floor below.  Somewhat extreme but possibly effective depending on the situation.  Decoupling seems to be a preferred approach with suspended hardwood floors.  This typically involves some sort of elastic medium - a material with elastic properties, not a liberal clairvoyant.