Apogee stage manual speaker distance chart

Does anyone else but me not understand the chart that's in the apogee manual about speaker distance to the rear wall? I've scoured the net looking for someone as stupid as me but, alas, I have failed. Any help out there?
whiznant

I don't remember the manual, but otherwise remember that like any dipole speaker, you don't want them too close to the wall?

As I think about it, I recall that there were primitive line drawings, which suggested fairly severe toe in?

I had a pair of Apogee Stage speakers for about 7 years and really liked them - excellent midrange.

I put them as far as possible out from the rear and side walls, with no toe in.
It all depends on your room. There are no pat answers for all situations. The nice thing about the stage is it is imminently movable. Just move them around, and play with the toe in until satisfied.

Apogee gives as a starting point 4 feet from the back wall, 7 to 8 feet between speakers, and at least 18" from the side walls.

This arrangement is for a symmetrical room of good size.
I like George Cardas ideas on this subject so I'm providing a link to the page I visit for this info. As Muralman says you can always change it if you don't agree.

Cardas Room Setup

There is a PDF on the same page, it's even more complete if you want to learn.