Amplifier or Receiver

I recently bought Klipsch Cornwall IV speakers and am looking to buy a receiver/amplifier to pair these with. I intend to keep a stereo setup for now but want to have the option of home theater for later. I looked at amplifiers and noticed that they do not have HDMI connections. Will that be an issue to connect with other digital devices? Also, receivers may be better for streaming services, etc. I need advice for buying the right amplifier or receiver for these speakers. Budget within $1500-4000.
128x128oldieaudio
What’s your expected ratio of listening to 2 channel music versus watching TV/home theater (HT)?

Most folks on this site are predominantly music focused (that’s why the H/T section of forum is comparatively little utilized).

Are you open to more than one amplifier (one for music, one for HT)?

Are you ever planning to add more speakers for HT surround sound or the current state of art ATMOS?

If you are not open to more than one amplifier/processor, then just get an AVR, and realize that you are trading some 2ch music quality for convenience.

But if that’s the case, at your budget I’d go with an Anthem receiver. Otherwise if you just want something that’ll sound pretty good, can do all the home theater stuff and also stream 2ch music, get a marantz AVR around $1k and it’ll do a fine job to start. If you want better 2ch music quality, you can always add the integrated amp discussed below later.

If you are open to two boxes, then an integrated amplifier that will power your Cornwalls for music in the $2-3k range, and a HT processor or AVR in the $1k range might be a good solution. In this case, look for an integrated amp that has HT bypass (as was mentioned above).
Anthem is having a sale, and they make some of the best AVRs out there. Sure would be simple.

Thanks all!
I'm narrowing my choice to these integrated amps:
1. Anthem STR for about $ 3500
2. Yamaha A-S2100 for about $ 2300
3. Technics SU-G700 for about $ 2500
Nos. 2 & 3 don't have DACS. Will I be able to run my TV through these?

What's the best choice?

" What's the best choice?"

I don't know about "best" but this is what I would go with for the $$$.

2. Yamaha A-S2100 for about $ 2300

" Nos. 2 & 3 don't have DACS. Will I be able to run my TV through these?"

If your TV has left/right RCA outputs you can, or just buy a DAC and route your toslink cable to it and out to the Yamaha.

The Yamaha 2100 and Cornwall IVs should play very nice together.

Bill