Simple question, or is it...

What exactly is an audio signal made of, and what exactly is the medium it travels through in a cable??
thecarpathian
Post removed 
kijanki
That would imply that electrons in thin wire move faster than electrons in thick wire, at the same current. I’ve read somewhere that this is the case. It is a little weird tough, because it means that electrons will accelerate thru the narrower part, like notched wire.

>>>>That might be true, I don’t know 100% but fluid travels faster through the narrow section of a pipe than through the larger diameter section. Same thing for Helmholtz resonators and nozzle sizes. It’s the Bernoulli Principle. So maybe electron flow can be viewed as a fluid.
It is a simple question that was answered early on before the usual obfuscation by some took over.  
I guess I just don't get it. If there is no electrical energy in the wires only outside, then what moves the charge? What causes charge flow? 

For electrical energy to move electrons and produce a flow of current around a circuit, work must be done, that is the electrons must move by some distance through a wire or conductor. The work done is stored in the flow of electrons as energy. Thus “Work” is the name we give to the process of energy.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/dccircuits/electrical-energy.html
Post removed