Snell E type ll crossover rebuild thoughts

I have an original set that I like very much. But am I missing something? They are getting old. I have rebuilt quite a few crossovers (cap replacement). Changing values, circuitry is above my skill level.
I hesitate to go the typical film route.

Has anyone performed this with success? Your advice, thoughts, cautions are as always, appreciated. 
128x128pkvintage
The x-overs were built with premium parts. 

And a lot of electrolytics which are now aging.

If it were me, I'd absolutely replace them with modern film or new bi-polars, but as I mentioned above, doing so can be tricky.

Hi pkvintage,
I have Snell E II’s and sent you a PM. Erik gave me guidance when I tackled the crossover. I would follow his advice and replace the capacitor bundle (should be 5.6uf) in series with the tweeter with a good quality film cap (Clarity CSA or CMR and Erik would probably recommend adding a .01uf Audyn True Copper bypass).  Without test equipment I would just replace the old NPE’s with new NPE’s and swap out the sandcast resistors with Mills. 
It sounds like some good advice. Not to invasive. I get them back in my hands June 1st so will diving into them then.

Thanks 
I highly recommend going with good film in place of the Electrolytic period.  As Erik said,  there are several Electrolytic in the tweeter circuit alone. If I recall correctly,  Peter used series crossovers in these speakers and I could be wrong, but if they are indeed series.  ESR can easily be compensated.  There are a couple resistors in there,  changing all the Electrolytic to film won't change total resistance by more than maybe .25 ohm per leg.  You can easily add that to the resistors that run next to the Electrolytic.  So measure ESR on the caps and add that total resistance to the resistors that follow and rock on.  Also,  Erik recommended the DATS 2,  the DATS 3 is out and the same price,  you might as well get the new version.  I hope this helps,  Tim