Simple question, or is it...

What exactly is an audio signal made of, and what exactly is the medium it travels through in a cable??
thecarpathian
That was in response to this 

"
That which is hidden from the most learned is revealed to mere children."

I doubt anyone has a stereo system in a vacuum. Anyway speaker wire doesn’t carry audio signals but an electrical description of the audio. That electrical pulse is carried in the wire mostly the outer 1/3 of the wire.
djones51
...  speaker wire doesn’t carry audio signals but an electrical description of the audio ...
No, it's an audio signal, an analog of the sound.
That electrical pulse is carried in the wire mostly the outer 1/3 of the wire.
It's not a pulse at all. It's continuous, an analog.
No it's an electrical description of the audio signal of the analog sound. Making the electricity vary between positive and negative at the speed and amplitude of the sound makes the speaker reproduce the sound. It's continuous but not in a linear way more like a varying pulse. Just like digital is a description of the audio signal in binary sent in packets the sum of which is a stream to a DAC or speaker if it's an active speaker. 
djones51
Making the electricity vary between positive and negative at the speed and amplitude of the sound makes the speaker reproduce the sound.
Yes, but that is not what an amplifier does; the audio signal is already varying from positive to negative before it reaches the amplifier. We know that because audio signals are AC. The amplifier simply provides more power for the analog audio signal.

The very definition of analog is what seems to be what’s confusing you:

"being a mechanism or device in which information is represented by continuously variable physical quantities ... something that is similar or comparable to something else either in general or in some specific detail : something that is analogous to something else."

I’m not sure why you now believe the obviously analog signal is some kind of magical "electrical pulse." You seemed to understand this earlier when you wrote:
Audio signal is electrical waves that represents sound waves in analog
I’m sure you can understand that a wave is not a pulse!