How many people here generally buy used?

Just curious. Most of my equipment I purchased new. My Firstwatt J2 was a demo that I swear was new. Outside of a DAC where latest tech may be desired, buying used (if a fair price) seems to be a great way to purchase something you normally would not be able to afford. Of course, condition, care of component etc needs to be taken into consideration

Thoughts?
aberyclark
A place like Audio Classics is ideal because they can inspect, repair, etc any Mac gear that they come across. 
Mostly used but I won’t buy anything beat up. For me to buy it used it’s pretty much got to look and work like it’s new. It’s been a good strategy as some excellent buys are to be had. Plus, I think I’ve assembled a pretty credible system as well. 
Used is a great way to go on equipment 10 years old or less.  Electronics do age.  Mainly electrolytic capacitors.  More so in amplifiers, these start to decay significantly in 15 to 20 years.  Mostly an issue for amplifiers, but this can affect DACs and other electronics as well.  20 year or older should purchased as "recapped".  Especially so for amplifiers.  
90% used except my preamp Michi P5 which’s $4k retail buying this preamp new comes with own issues distortion and hum when enable tone control
kind regret but looks alone make it worth it lmao 😂 so gorgeous 
now I’m beta tester 
buying use power cord Interconnect and balance XLR like audioquest on eBay is complicated unless you can identify fake and authentic