Help me set up my new (to me) Dunlavy V's

Just got a pair of dunlavy V's so need all you Dunlavy gurus to give me a good starting place- My room is 17x28 and they will be going on the short wall - So I have 17" feet to play with and can go around 6.5 feet from tweeter to back wall- what would you rec. as a good starting spot- thanks
fluffers
Hi,
as a user of SC-III, placement on the long wall is the starting point.
They favour and take advantage of all the width you can spare.
Space behind speaker should be greater from what on the sides and not equal if you want to avoid cancelations.
These are tall speakers and require a tall ceailing also. If cannot take advantage of long wall then your listening distance should be less than their opening. I found the most important are listening distance and spacing apart with toe in.  Otherwise prepare for some room treatment. Nice buy.
thks guys - So since these speakers will be behind my perforated movie screen which I now have to set back up- How much distance from tweeter to back wall should I have- Need to set screen back up but do not want to mount it and then realize I need to move the speakers out- Is 5 feet from tweeter to back wall enough??thks
Another question- I have a chance to pick up a set of III's for $1000- Not sure if there was a IIIA? I was thinking of using them for the rear speakers- Is that a good price and would they be good for rears- I have the Danley DTS-20 "Tower of Power " sub to handle the bass- as always thanks so much for the advice-
Set the speakers up for the best sound regardless of how far they are from the wall. Then wherever they are when the screen is up and you're watching movies you will adjust the delay to synchronize with the movie. 

Full range surrounds adds additional bass sources which is a serious advantage! I tried it and while I gave up on surrounds because of the poor quality of HT processors the full range surrounds did help with really good bass response. Now with DBA I have the best of both worlds.
https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
fluffers, about the time I bought my Duntechs I developed a procedure for room placement.  That required taking measurements for smoothest (flattest) bass response as I moved the speakers out from the front wall 1" at a time.  Note my choice was to obtain the smoothest bass response, not finding the maximum output for a given frequency.  As they came out into the room the response curve smoothed out until it reached its best response, then began to deviate more if I moved them further.  That was a room dependent condition and was ultimately fine tuned down to the half-inch, so there is no absolute answer, only guidelines.

This is why miller's recommendation for experimentation is correct.

However I would question if this is a good speaker choice for placement behind a video screen?  I don't remember the precise distance but my Duntechs had the front baffle at least 4' out from the front wall.  Will it be practical to hang your screen somewhere between 4' and 6' out from the front wall?