Religious music for less than devout

We have a thread " Jazz for someone who doesn’t like jazz. " In a similar vein perhaps "Religious music for the less than devout".

"people get ready" - Rod Stewart
"Amazing Grace" - Jessye Norman
2009 "Duets" - Five Blind Boys of Alabama, The - entire CD
1988 "Sweet Fellowship" - Acappella, the entire CD

In 1989 I was working in NJ, I may have been the only guy on the job who did not know he was working for the Irish Mafia. I would lend people the CD "Sweet Fellowship" and they were willing to pay for it but never return it:

"Here is $20 kid, go buy yourself another cuz youz can’t have mine back. Now don’t ever ask me again."

timothywright
Bruce Cockburn (pronounced Coburn) was on the Christian rock scene for awhile, until his lyrics drifted toward human rights, then he was no longer approved.  His album "Dancing In the Dragon's Jaw" featured "Wondering Where the Lions Are" that was a radio hit.  This album features his incredible guitar playing, moving lyrics and is a sonic masterpiece.  https://youtu.be/3k_xkhoq7YM
@djones51It
It would not be my place to attack  anyone or quantify their piety by my standards. 

@jafreeman 
In any society where voluntary charity is displaced by onerous taxes and entitlement programs, where the state becomes the primary donor of other people's money for generations at a time, yes some folks will chaff at being lectured about social justice.
So in a market place of ideas, some ideas will be rejected based on their merits.  That might be one interpretation, since I know nothing about the specifics of Bruce Cockburn I don't have an opinion on the particulars.
@timothywright, I simply listed a great album full of spirituality, and in reply, you derail your own thread....or, what is your intent?  
Anyway, beside "Dragon's Jaw", another of Cockburn's albums written during his world traveling was "Humans".  Both are full of talent and depth.  

Onerous taxes and entitlement programs like Social Security and  Medicare cause religious folks to chaff. Another good song for those of us less than devout and a favorite among the social justice takers.

Pete Seeger  : Turn Turn Turn 
https://g.co/kgs/RxjvXt
"Onerous taxes and entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare cause religious folks to chaff. Another good song for those of us less than devout and a favorite among the social justice takers." djones51
I don’t hear many complaints from groups about the programs they have paid into. You come into this world helpless, and you go out the same way.  That's what they are there for. 
Did you know that "Turn! Turn! Turn!" is from Ecclesiastes 3:1? Don’t let it ruin the song for you......
About religions---I like 'em all.