Why do you think Bi-Wiring improves the sound ?

I now know of 3 people that have converted their speakers to be bi-wired but are not bi-amping .

What is your experience or opinion on why bi-wiring without bi-amping might or does sound better ?

I am concidering converting my speakers but I do not want to be fooled by the addition of increased AWG .
128x128vair68robert
RE: Whip-Shaw's post quoting Vandersteen.  If you bi-wire doesn't the wire carrying the signal to the bass driver carry the FULL range of the frequency to the bass driver but the treble frequencies are filtered out by the crossover before it gets to the driver?

And doesn't the wire coming from the amp to the tweeter carry the FULL range of frequencies to the crossover and then the low frequencies get filtered out before it gets to the tweeter?    

I do not think bi-wiring or even bi-amping eliminates the crossover does it? It simply directs the signal to different sections of the crossover. One goes to the low pass filter, the other to the high pass filter.  The full frequency of the signal is delivered through EACH of the two wires only to be filtered after it gets to the crossovers.   So the bass frequencies STILL interfere with the treble frequencies in each wire, as they would if only one wire was used.  CHANGE MY MIND. 
I believe RVs argument is something along the lines of having separate wires for the highs and the lows helps prevent back EMF from the large magnet in the woofer from interfering as much with the high frequencies. This I learned from a biwire question at one of his seminars. I suggest asking him directly.
Here we go again with insecurity of. The audiophile 
This remind me of the series of Tarzan and the witch doctor does the electrician are certified?does he pass
the board?come on this is the kind of person of the bunch that think his ability is unquestionable with no knowledge what is doing and the worse is trust your
gear to them to perform barbaric repair enough lets get to the point first the dedicated ac circuits from the
rest of the of your home is to cancel noise from the appliance from your house like frog air cond microwave is audible and that you could hear in your
hi end gear take an oscilloscope and test your ac outlets and detect for noise in the line of voltage and see the wave is with noises in different Fq that one 
number two copper and silver and gold are the best conductor and have their advantage in the spectrum 
I use Siemens breaker and ac outlets and solid core
copper and a separate Ground rod isolated for protection and keep safe your gear and also improve 
your sound quality of your system if you have an apéndice remove you go to the surgeon not to the witch doctor unless your electrician use trump desinfectant to clear your your ac anomalies go ahead I am a electrical eng with 50 years experience 
and also an audiophile when you hire somebody be sure is a certified profesional not a street barber