Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
For the record, Nikola, I have never replaced or modified the platter on my Lenco. Along with the motor and idler wheel, the platter is OEM. I am in fact skeptical of those who have doubled up on the platter, using two original platters, one on top of the other. And I am not even aware of anyone who makes a candidate aftermarket platter for a Lenco idler. And finally, I don’t approve of doing any of those things, because I think the drive system was designed and conceived to drive the platter as is. Altering the mass might not be a very good idea. So, perhaps at sometime in the past, which I don’t remember at all, we may have had a disagreement having something to do with a Lenco, but it could not have been regarding my desire to replace or alter the platter. Without consulting anyone here ever, I did do one thing: I had the platter professionally painted in a vibration reducing paint. And then I placed 4 large O-rings around the circumference to dampen the purported tendency of the platter to ring. I got that idea from Win Tinnon, the guy who makes the Saskia.
There are anti-vibration extensional compounds that are applied similar to paint.
Once you isolate the turntable all that damping stuff is passé. The isolation is a two way system. 🔛
Dear @atmasphere  : You are rigth and I know it because I used and use somerthing similar in my big loudspeakers. This is what you can read in my Agon virtual system:

"""  LOUDSPEAKERS.

ADS L 2030: This is a Full Range Professional Monitor that I own for many years.

These L 2030 was designed by Mike Kelly ( Aerial speakers ) and till today it match all my priorities.

It is " heavy " tweaked to do that: first it has " three hands " ( internally ) of a insulation/antivibrational treatment ( like a white paint. I can't remember the ingredients. ) from Acoustical Magic Company ( it works marvelous ) inside all the box ( a big one box: 58-5/8" ( H ) x 27-1/4" (W) x 13-1/8" (D) ).   """#

Well, I use it too in the Denon/Technics platters and Denon's metal chasis.

Regards and enjouy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.