Dedicated 20 amp circuit - Electrician laughed!

I brought my electrician out to my house today to show him where I would like to install a dedicated 20a circuit for my system.  He laughed and said that's the stupidest thing he's heard and laughs when people talk about it.  It said, if you're going to do it, you have to have it separately grounded (shoving a new 8 foot rod into the ground) but even then, he sees no way there can be an audible improvement.

Now, he's not just an electrician though. He rebuilds tube amps on the side and tears apart amps and such all the time so he's quite well versed in audio electronics and how they operate.

He basically said anyone who thinks they hear a difference is fooling themselves.  

Personally, I'm still not sure, I'm no engineer, my room's not perfect, and I can't spend hours on end critical listening...  But, he does kinda pull me farther to the "snake oil" side and the "suggestive hearing" side (aka, you hear an improvement because you want to hear it).

I'm not taking a side here but I thought it was interesting how definitive he was that this not only WILL not make a difference but ALMOST CANNOT make a difference. 
dtximages
Now, I'm getting confused. Nearly every post on a dedicated breaker that I can remember has cautioned that a separate ground rod is a code violation? What gives?
Post removed 
Yes a lot of electricians in my family. My, brother, Brother-in-law, their kids my son-in-law. 4 out of the 7 can hear, 3 can’t. The 3 that can’t, admit they can’t hear that well. All 7 learned a lesson, 10 years ago... One day at a BBQ they listened to what my system sounds like with and without the "snake oil". LOL

I had a freezer, that could mess up good sounding system, if it was on the same rail. All 7 heard, the motor noise via a listening session.
Swapped to the other rail, all 7 could hear the difference. Swapped to a dedicated 20, the 4 that could hear better, notices the difference in SQ.

The fact is you may not "hear" the difference but you’ll know there won’t be a problem either. The lack of a well thought out power supply in your components. Not, separating your system from all the motors, and crap in your home. Poor home wiring to begin with, make for a bad start.

OR

You can dedicate a circuit and not worry about any of that. Normally the folks that notice the biggest improvements in SQ, with a Power Cord swaps, are the ones that have no improvements in their VAC.
The "PLUG it, BURN it’ crew..

A dedicated circuit does not have to have a seperate ground rod to be dedicated. The ground rod addresses a different issue, but there is no code issue, where I'm at.  Only requirement  making it dedicated was, that no other consumers are on that circuit. It’s not a bad idea, I did it for 3, 20s and just went to arc fault (AFCI).
They're to sensitive. I can’t plug in hot or it will pop the breaker.

The hospital plug is so you don’t blow the joint up when O2 is in use. Unplug then, disconnect the ground strap. Reconnect the ground strap then plug in. Pure copper, tight, heavy conductors, and larger screws in the receiptical.

Regards
Given that the electrician was aware of the fact that dedicated circuits are common among audiophiles, he shouldn't have "laughed" at your question.  That suggests someone who is opinionated and dismissive of the opinions of others.  So I would take what he says with a grain of salt.   I suspect that the value of dedicated circuits as an add on to existing wiring is highly dependent upon the details of a particular application.  In some  situations, it may not be a cost effective exercise.  In others, it will be.   I'd consider the age of the existing wiring, what else may be on the circuit, the quality of the local power supply, etc., and how much running new wiring would cost.   In my case, the cost of running dedicated circuits to a dedicated listening room was well under 1K, so I went for it.    I expect to stay in this house for a long time, so why not?  
Great information, thanks for all the input...  

Ok so let me ask this then::::

Would a power regenerator like those from PS Audio not negate this need?  If I get a power regenerator, it's totally regenerating clean power so is there still a benefit to having a dedicated circuit?