Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
I came across Triangleart TT and was impressed by the design and looks.
has completely separate armpods..
it’s a belt drive

What do you all think about the Osiris tonearm? Suspended by a magnet. That great concept..
I echo Lewm's comments re the Helix TTs.
Mark Doehmann's design is innovative and unique. Way cool. I have heard them a number of times and they are exceptional. 
I have also met Mark twice. He is totally open to sharing his extensive knowledge about TTs and the industry in general.  A true gentleman. 
I echo Lewm's comments re the Helix TTs.
Mark Doehmann's design is innovative and unique. Way cool. I have heard them a number of times and they are exceptional.
I have also met Mark twice. He is totally open to sharing his extensive knowledge about TTs and the industry in general. A true gentleman.

THIS
👍
Yes, while Mark and I have taken significantly different paths in our designs, we both agree on the fundamentals. We just approached them from different perspectives.
Dear ct, with your ''cheap TT's argument'' you are actually strengthening my  which was ''don't mess with TT's''. This
than should be ''don't mess with cheap TT's''.