Tonearm mount to the plinth vs arm board vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower

Hello,

I am rebuilding a Garrard 301 and looking for a plinth. I am planning to buy 3-4 tonearms to try. I would like to know which is the best way moving forward.

Is there a difference between mounting a tonearm directly on a solid plinth vs arm board (same vs different materials) vs rotating arm board vs isolated tower. 

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
@fsonicsmith , No. I did not say that my TT was perfect. Goodbye, Mr. Smith.
I came across Triangleart TT and was impressed by the design and looks.
has completely separate armpods..
it’s a belt drive

What do you all think about the Osiris tonearm? Suspended by a magnet. That great concept..
I echo Lewm's comments re the Helix TTs.
Mark Doehmann's design is innovative and unique. Way cool. I have heard them a number of times and they are exceptional. 
I have also met Mark twice. He is totally open to sharing his extensive knowledge about TTs and the industry in general.  A true gentleman. 
I echo Lewm's comments re the Helix TTs.
Mark Doehmann's design is innovative and unique. Way cool. I have heard them a number of times and they are exceptional.
I have also met Mark twice. He is totally open to sharing his extensive knowledge about TTs and the industry in general. A true gentleman.

THIS
👍
Yes, while Mark and I have taken significantly different paths in our designs, we both agree on the fundamentals. We just approached them from different perspectives.