Why do you think Bi-Wiring improves the sound ?

I now know of 3 people that have converted their speakers to be bi-wired but are not bi-amping .

What is your experience or opinion on why bi-wiring without bi-amping might or does sound better ?

I am concidering converting my speakers but I do not want to be fooled by the addition of increased AWG .
128x128vair68robert
@bigkidz i have an 8’ set of AQ type 6 shotgun biwire, spades all around w Vandy size spades on speaker end - perfect for your listening session - they have about 50k miles on them as I loan them out to the agnostic for fun. I can put them in mail to you Sunday, chlorox wipe included !!!!
jim
OP vairrobert- the Cardas posts are awesome and allow for a gas tight connection- essential to good sound over the long haul. 
@tomic601 
Thank you for your offer , since you are a Thiel owner you might have read about my theroy on seperation of polarity on the Thiel owner forum.
@chorus 
Thank you , 2 of the 3 who converted are using 18 gauge
for the tweeter/midrange and 14 guage for the bass .
This is another thing to consider if I go to bi-wiring .
@mrklasou
You have done testing ! Something that my friend and I have been doing
for many weeks, upgrades or changes on our systems , which in the end is the only way hear what works or doesn't .

I read all the posts and appreciate them all , this hobby is a constant learning experience , at the same time I'm trying not to fall into making it a money pit .
This sure sounds like hard science. Lots and lots of "I believe" in there. He couldn't even be bothered to listen to it. It is no more authoritative than Vandersteen's anecdotal evidence. Is there any evidence that Richard Vandersteen does not use science in his designs? I would say that quite the opposite is true. In fact, he would say that designers that choose to not pay attention to phase in their speakers are absolutely wrong. He does back that with measurements. I am not saying either is right or wrong. I am just pointing out that many people here love to pick out the expert that they want to believe. You know, appeal to authority.

How ironic that you would accuse me of cherry-picking, then pluck just one of a number of quotes from Shaw that I provided, while ignoring those that include scientific reasons supporting his skepticism.

The onus of proof is on those, including Vandersteen, who claim that biwiring DOES make a meaningful difference, to support those claims with science. Has he done so? I am still awaiting proof that he has.

This:

Is there any evidence that Richard Vandersteen does not use science in his designs?

is a silly straw man. No one has suggested anything of the sort. And of course the fact that Vandersteen does, broadly speaking, use science in his designs, is irrelevant to the specific question being debated.

Shaw and the many other skeptics have provided technical reasons why biwiring does not make a meaningful, audible difference. If you are able to provide evidence to the contrary, I'll be happy to listen to it.
Hello,
I feel like we flew down the perpetual rabbit hole. That being said I wanted to add or highlight some of the comments. If you have those hard metal factory jumpers please put them away with your manuals and just use some decent copper wire as jumpers. Second is the by biwireing it gives you some advantages. The first being you can increase your amount of wire going to the speakers but more importantly you can use different speaker cables for the two sets of terminals. You could have a thick copper cable on the woofers and a smaller silver cable on the tweeters. It gives you the ability to customize the sound. You do not have to do this but I do. I use a 12 ga copper wire on the woofers and a double up 16 ga on the tweeter. This is Analysis Plus speaker wire. I have tried several combinations and this sounded incredible. Bottom line it gives you the options to add more cable and/or use a different cable to optimize your sound. That being said please do speaker placement optimization and room correction with room treatments first before spending money on these things. Thank you all and I appreciate all of your help and insight.