Soundstage Width and Depth

I’m curious about what your systems produce when it comes to soundstage. My speakers are about 8’ apart and I sit about 10’ from the front plane of the speakers. The speakers are toed in so that they each are pointed at a spot about 8” from my ears on each side. (Laser verified) My room is treated with bass absorption and diffusers.

In many recordings my soundstage is approx 28’ wide and, although this is tougher to determine, I would say on most recordings I’m hearing sounds 10’-15’ further back than the speaker plane. Some sounds, usually lead guitars, are presented slightly in front of the plane of the speakers. There are also recordings that produce height in the soundstage. Some fill the room floor to ceiling, while others are more on the same plane about 5’ from the floor. I do get layers usually in about the same order, guitars, lead singer, bass guitar, drums, violins and backup instruments and singers in order front to back. Again this is recording dependent. Intimate recordings that feature a singer playing a guitar usually has all of the sound between the speakers. Is this what everyone experiences? Could the depth be deeper? Do many of you hear sounds in front of the speaker plane? Do you have any recordings that accentuate the front to back soundstage?
128x128baclagg
Excellent answer by @millercarbon. dBA? A-weighted measurement?
Also agree with @twoleftears regarding speaker design.

With a combination of specific tubes in my amp, I'm able to achieve a 3D image that centers around the middle of the speakers, projects forward, and still extends back to the wall. The design of my speakers also makes this soundstage possible.
I neglected to mention hours of speaker positioning was required.

@baclagg - can I ask about your system? What pre-amp and amp and speakers and source are you using? I’m curious aside from the recording itself, which components can render a huge soundstage. My thinking is that a great preamp plays a big role.
- can I ask about your system? What pre-amp and amp and speakers and source are you using? 

I have a relatively modest system.

Hegel H390 integrated amp
Cambridge Audio Azur 651C CD
KLH Kendall speakers
GIK room treatments

I have tried to run digital from the 651C to the Hegel and use their onboard DAC but I lost a lot of depth and musicality. I went back to the dual Wolfson DAC onboard the 651C and wired it using the RCA analog inputs and it opened back up and sounds great!
@lowrider57 DBA is, I believe, Distributed Bass Array. Like an Audiokinesis Swarm or the like.
@simao ...Oh, thanks. That makes sense in the context of this thread. 
I was thinking that somehow a decibel meter would be used. That's dB-A, for A weighted measurement.
Thanks for straight dope.