Modest SS amplifier for secondary system

I am looking to setup another smaller system based around a pair of  PSB Stratus Mini Gen II speakers (4 ohm load) on appropriate stands.  I'm looking over the used market and would like to keep the price under 1K.  My minimum power requirement is 100 WPC into 8 ohms. This system will be used for near-field listening in a modestsized room that is acoustically fairly dead.  Perfect for mini monitors!  I'm actually
quite surprised how low these little guys go. Imaging and soundstage is remarkablefor speakers this size and at this price point.

My short list for consideration is as follows:

Anthem MC-2 Series II
Parasound Halo A23
Parasound HCA-1500A 
Aragon 2004 MKII
Classe' Audio CA-100

I am a little gun shy regarding the Aragon. I've had issues in the past with both Aragon and B&K amps exhibiting mechanical transformer noise. Other amps with toroidal transformers did not have this issue plugged into the same power source and using the same source. The Classe Audio CA-100 is a little light in the power department, but I do have a soft spot for legacy Classe gear. I have a Classe Audio "Fifteen" that I absolutely LOVE that is in service in another system.

I have an Anthem Statement D2v as the heart of my theater system, I think highly of Anthem gear and would certainly consider one of their MCA  2-channel amps. I also respect most of the John Curl designed Parasound offerings; one of them powers my center channel speaker.

I have listened to the Stratus Minis with my Classe "Fifteen" with excellent results. I also
tried an older Hafler DH series amp that quickly left me missing the Classe. I have more
than one preamp option in my bag of tricks, for now I'd like to focus on final amplification.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Al

area61
As background, I'm also a fan of Anthem gear (I have an STR Preamp in my main system) and of Curl-influenced amps.

In my desktop system, I have a Marsh Sound Design A400s, a model you might consider, if you can find one used. This amp was reviewed favorably by many; Robert E Greene of TAS thought it as good as any amp at any price. It is well constructed and attractive.

On the plus side: It's a fine stereo amp, with a lot of power. clean and musical sound, sometimes available used for $800, or maybe less. On the negative: Marsh has been out of business for a while, now, and the units out there are getting old. I've not had a drop of trouble with mine, but nothing lasts forever....  So, just one possibility to consider.
QSC maybe? Great amps.
Crown.

If you go pro route, check the output , for class AB, or class H

The D is monotone and lifeless. (No flame wars needed)

any descent used amp of good quality will work.
all the names you listed are good.

If u get from flea bay, be careful.
better off buying from audiogon or a similar higher end sale site.

A nice Used sunfire amp is always a good choice. Send to bill flannery for an official original parts install and bob carver recommended technician.