Power Plants PS300?

Hello, The PS300 can handle 300w. So, my question is the max watts that PS300 handle is dependent on the actual watts you use or on the equipment rated power? Put it in another way, I have Classe CAV75 (75w x 6 = 375w plus other stuffs like pre, cd, dvd...it's over 700w). So, do i have to buy the PS600 + PS300 to handle all my stuffs or the power plant just depends on how lound of the volum I play? Please help and sorry for my English Thank you very much Tranle
dtranled0d5
The 300 watt limit (and I think they actually recommend 250)is based on the amount of watts that the components actually draw from the power source. The amount will vary, depending on the output power and design of the unit. For example...a Pass Aleph 3 amp's output is only 30 watts at 8ohms, but it constantly draws 250 watts from the power source (which would be the recommended max on a PS300). You need to look at each component's specs at see how much power they use (not put out).
If you give PS Audio a list of the components that you wish to hook up, they will recommend which unit to buy. I have a modest system and the recommendation I received was a PS1200 (out this summer). This convinced me that I can not afford to go the PS route. I am now using one Richard Gray Power Company unit. It works! It works Very Well! When I am done addressing other priorities in my system, I intend on acquiring another one! ...Paul
I sent a email to PS Audio with a list of my equipments, and they recommended two PS600. Then, I sent another email with question like I asked above, and this time they recommeded one PS600 without any explanations. This really confuse me.
If you have space in a closet or other room, see my posting about Hospital grade power plants in other section. Equal or better quality power at a fraction of the cost.