Most recordings you own by a single artist, group, or composer

I went and purchased two more John Coltrane CD’s, "Blue Train" and "Traneing In", in spite of, relative to other artists, having way too many of his albums already. I do love his music and just now counted having forty-eight of his albums, not even including the ones he recorded with Miles Davis.

Is there anyone else out there at least equally nutty, or has more recordings by any single artist, band or composer? If so, who do you like, and how many of their albums have you collected and play? Miles Davis at thirty-three records and CD’s, comes in a not too distant second in my collection.

Hopefully this topic hasn’t been broached before here.

Mike
skyscraper
The Who
Pink Floyd
Jim Reeves
Bill Evans
Radiohead
The Beatles
Journey
Rush
The Police
Sting

Lee Morgan.
-
I'm on a mission to own everything he has ever recorded as a leader and as a sideman.
Glupson, are you counting the Stones solo efforts in your 47 albums. I'm only aware of 31 of their recordings including stuff like Jammin' with Edward, The Chicago (blues) Bootleg album and the BBC album other than the major label issues. I do have the solo Bill Wyman album too. What else is there? Never cared much for Exiles either, that the critics all seem to favor. Nice Dylan collection too. Don't have much of his later stuff.

Fred60, outstanding Dead collection you have there. You need to meet my Deadhead brother. He's seen the Dead lots of times and went so far as to move to San Francisco from New York in his wayward youth. .Now that's a Deadhead for you. The first Live Dead album is one of my all time favorites, but I've only only all the major label issues. At 400 Grateful CD's you're in second place only behind Schubert on this post

Biscorbit, The Disco Biscuits? What is that?

Edcyn, eleven inches of Mozart LP's should be about about 66 albums, which is nothing to sneeze about.

Tomcy6, Not too many of the '60's rock guys are still crankin' them out anymore as you say. Van Morrison certainly, and Neil Young come to mind. I gave up on trying to keep up with Van Morrison at 23 albums in 1989, other than getting the second Them album, "Them Again" last year. New Hendrix albums still seem to appear every so often too, no matter how long he's been gone.

If you like Roxy Music from a bit later on you can't keep up with albums from their alumni either. Brian Eno especially has put out tons of records and continues to do so, not to mention Phil Manzanera, or to a lesser degree Brian Ferry. 

Nice to be in the company of so many fellow music lovers and collectors. I don't feel quite so obsessive now.

Mike

@mitchagain, shore do Mitch. Thanks for the reminder, it’s playing right now. SO cool! When Crowell came to L.A. to promote his The Houston Kid album (one of my all-time faves, a great, great album) he had Steuart playing guitar for him. Never before seen his name spelled that way! The Roxy on Sunset was filled with other artists---Dave Alvin was watching Steuart play from a few tables away from me.

Just as superior movies start with a good script, superior (Pop) music starts with good songs. At least, that’s the way I feel about it. And Rodney’s amongst the very best. A pretty fair singer as well, and great taste in musicians.