Review on Coda Technologies 16 Amplifier went live today

Just wanted to inform the individuals that have shown interest in reading the full review on Stereo Times website, not just the comments on the on-going thread about the 16 amplifier, that it was posted this morning.  It gets into the details why this is a spectacular piece regarding performance, build quality, and it's very reasonable price for what you get for your money.

teajay
Well d2girls,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My review piece is without the meters and I really like its "classy/understated" looks. Would I personally spend another 3K for the meters? I would not. By the way, the cost of the meters is extremely expensive, hence the up charge in the price if you want them.

Also, not only does the 16.0 have double the Class A rating of the Pass Labs amps, it also has almost three times the current/amps rating then the mono-blocks.
Hey dep14,

I know that Doug had found a better sounding JFET for this generation of Coda gear. However, I do not know which company he sources them from. I'm sure if you called him he would give you all the details.
@teajay 

A few questions regarding the Coda Technologies 16 if you don’t mind.

Is it a good match with the NSMT Model 100 speakers?

Do your NMST Model 100 speakers have the powered base?

Once you come out of standby how long does it take for the amp to come on song?

I assume this runs very hot, yes?

Thanks.

Hey mrpaul,

To answer your questions:

1) It's a terrific match with the NSMT 100's.

2) Yes, I have the 100's with the built-in amps.

3) I never turn off the 16.0.  However, since you can put it into a stand-by mode which keeps the caps charged I would assume it would come on "song" very quickly if you did.

4) Nope, it's rather cool running and even when its pushed hard it does not become more then mildly warm to the touch.
@teajay 

Thanks for the response.  I find the Coda/NSMT combination very intriguing.  I will arrange a visit to Audio Archon in August when I am in the area (corona virus willing) to check it out.