More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
Thanks.  I'll take a look at GIK acoustics.  I've always been intrigued by the idea of room treatment, and know very little about it.   Also, I think my options might be limited.   My listening area is near a stretch of windows with no curtains, just shades.   I always think there's very little to do about it unless I put up thick curtains, but I'm not willing to do that.   I just need to strike a balance, I supposed.

BTW, what are bass traps?  Are they for enhancing the bass, or calming down the excess bass?

Thanks.
Sorry xcool, you are new and have no way of knowing the answer to every question is GIK. Even though you specifically want more bass, and everything GIK makes can only absorb bass and never enhance it, still the answer is GIK. Or EQ. Surprised he didn't say EQ. Maybe saving for later?

koestner is right. First step is always speaker placement. Closer to the walls, either front or side, will have a big effect on bass response. Also your listening position. But the walls also reflect higher frequencies as well and so if the speakers are closer than about 3 feet to a side wall the reflections begin to interfere with good imaging. So its a balance and a trade off.

You may be a minimalist, and so am I. More power won't work. One sub won't work. GIK will improve everything and your bass will have greater definition but by absorbing not enhancing. When it comes to bass the fact of the matter is the minimalist approach is four subs. Check it out. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 Read the reviews, do a search, read about DBA. 
OP you are new and don’t yet understand that the answer is 4 or more subs in a forest of box’s and wires placed quasi randomly about your room.

bass is a wide topic and for most music listeners spans from 30 HZ to the power range of 200-250 HZ. You might try to recall or ask the dealer where those speakers were placed in the demo from side and back wall. IF you do have to compromise with near surface ( back and or side wall ) coupling, then GIK or another brand of broad band absorber panel or three to address reflections will help w imaging. Finally also you might need to tweak your listening position a bit. Room modes effect. Bass , especially below 120 HZ... even a few feet can matter.

there are other ways to add great subwoofers if Indeed the problem lies below 100 HZ. One has built in EQ.

and yes, swarm aka multiple subs...works if the crossover frequency is low enough and you like the clutter.
Also IF flat frequency response in room was the only measure of bass quality why are there a plethora of bass guitars, standup bass, etc out there....?

this from a bass player of LiL reknown....

Someone should tell millercarbon to stop adding a link to every post he submits. One look at that room would send most running from the multiple sub approach.