Speakers for Yamaha AS2100

Hello all, 

was recently able to purchase a Yamaha as2100 for a really good price and was wondering what speakers would pair well with it. Budget for speakers will be $2k but am flexible. Was wondering if I could get some feedback from any AS2100 owners. Looking for bookshelf speakers preferably. Listen to a bit of everything but mainly jazz and 80s music. Will not be playing at ear splitting volumes as I live in an apartment. And feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

best,

Mike
mgrec42
I own and purchased a pair of Canton Reference 3.2 C Speakers from Accessories 4 Less in January. I was rebuilding my system after being out of this hobby for several years.

I had never heard of the Canton speakers before and I was coming from what I thought was one of the best speakers I ever owned, the Salk HT3. I took a chance of the Cantons, got an amazing price with free shipping and no taxes.

To say I am please is an understatement. IMHO, these are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard with all of the audiophile desirable attributes in spades. 

I believe that the Canton line of speakers are one of the best kept speakers out there for both price and value. Good luck.
As a former owner of this amp used it with elacs b5 at 1st then switched to klipsch P37f, great results with both. At very high levels 70 percent or so clipped with the klipsch and shutdown on EDM heavy bass music, so for moderate listening you will be fine
I regretted selling it after but I went into tubes and it will be hard for me going SS again
@willland I recently purchased the Canton Vento Reference 9 DC from Accessories for Less, and they are remarkable speakers.  It's hard to believe that they are being sold for such a low price.  And there's a 30-day return policy, so you are only out return shipping.  Pretty amazing deal.
I’ve looked at those cantons a few times. Tried to find reviews but couldn’t find too many. Can you describe the sound characteristics of them if possible? I know everyone’s taste is different but what is it you like about them? They look very well made as well
The Cantons are very well made - sturdy, beautiful finish, high quality binding posts.  They are a nice balance of warmth and detail.  Good bass for a standmount speaker so the music has a nice foundation in my 16x12 room.  The midrange is resolving without being overly forensic.  And the treble is very easy to listen to but is still extended and clear.  I find it to be a very complete speaker - I notice the music rather than the speaker when I sit down for a listening session.  I'm driving them with an integrated that puts out 135 watts into 8ohms and 240 into 4. That's more than enough power for my room.  They've worked out very well for me in my system.