Jazz for someone who doesn't like jazz.

I've toyed with the idea of looking into jazz. Not sure why. Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just something to sound good on my system. I realize jazz is a broad category but much of what I hear I have not been attracted to. Don't ask me what I've heard.
What I'd like is a recommendation of two or three albums to start with. (I know that's insane)

And since I've given next to nothing to go on I'll point out a few things that I do like that might help narrow it down some maybe.

Jazz-like stuff I do like: Steely Dan. Almost all of their stuff. Van Morrison's jazz influenced stuff like Astral Weeks.
I like blues. Delta and hill country hard core blues.

I like a wide variety of rock from heavy metal, to prog rock to classic R&B.
Does any of that help? I know this is a crazy request but if I could get some recommendations I'll at least have somewhere to start. Not looking for specific recordings yet. Just content. When I find what I like I'll research the best recordings.
Thanks for any possible advice.
George

n80
I was asking a similar question as you about 3 years ago. 

I started with Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, like many have recommended, it is very easy to listen to and has broad appeal. 

I dug in and tried to learn about the artists and the history of jazz, which has made the exploration even more interesting. There are many good documentaries out there to help with that. 

At least for now my favorite jazz is stuff from the mid 50’s to mid 60’s. I love the sound stage and imaging that was captured in many of the recordings. Dave Brubeck’s Time Out is very good for that. 

Other favorites that have not been mentioned by others are:
Art Blakey - A Night at The Birdland Vol 1
Hank Mobley - No Room for Squares
Lee Morgan - Sidewinder
Cannonball Aderly - Something Else

Enjoy the exploration!

After that, try some of the big-band era groups, or New Orleans style jazz. Never met anyone who wasn’t captivated by Professor Longhair’s incredibly great piano work. 
If you really hate jazz, listen to Kenny G.  Every real jazz musician and jazz fan hates Kenny G.
So many relevant comments and good suggestions.  From blurry beginning through so many styles and influences to the  fuzzy ill defined jazz fusion(s).  Samplers are good in many ways but I appreciate the approach of a child.  I listened to what my father played liked what grabbed me, a good hook if you will and went from there.  Try as you did not to give hints, your tastes in rock and popular music give some clues maybe.  Albums as “a work” in any genre are conceptual.  So many so different.  I’ll take a shot and give you just one album with three masters.  Duke Ellington’s MONEY JUNGLE with Charlie Mingus and Max Roach.  Pretty deep/complex but accessible.  Find one album, live or studio, you love and then explore from there.