Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
@antinn thanks and thanks for your service!

i use the Audioquest brush dry between deep cleaning currently on a Nitty Gritty machine. What nylon brush are you using in manual wet cleaning ?
best
jim
@tomic601,Jim,

I use the Record Doctor Clean Sweep Brush https://www.amazon.com/Record-Doctor-Clean-Sweep-Brush/dp/B07M92LY78.  The bristle diameters are not so narrow that they will deeply penetrate the groove - so there is very limited risk of record damage.  And, nylon absorbs water and when it does, it softens - so again no risk to the record or bristle breakage - and nylon returns to its original properties after it dries.  But, the bristle diameter  is large enough to just cover the groove, so when brushing back & forth, a lot of fluid agitation/cavitation is formed in the groove and that deeply cleans the record groove and side wall ridges especially with a light foaming surfactant.  And then when rinsing, the brush with just water is effective in removing all trace of cleaner for the same reason - but mostly just agitation.  A similar brush is the Osage, http://www.osageaudio.com/select.htm.  

Neil
I replaced the carbon filter for my standard .5 micro /10" filter. It was just an experiment. I really felt it offered no improvements. Had to get it out of my system....the idea, I mean.
Well I'm pretty damn happy now. I realized one thing I never did at all, especially between, fluid changes was to wash out my filters. Now, I unhook from the US cleaner, put that hose into a new gallon jug of distilled, and let that run through into an empty tank. Takes under a minute.

I've in my 4th week in the latest fluid change...no cloudy water, no discolored water.