The quiet grid

"The Grid", as we audiophiles refer to it is the power in our neighborhood. You may or may not have what we call "clean" electricity. We have add on boxes that clean up your electricity if there is a problem.

Those very expensive two box units with separate power supplies solve the problem of clean electricity at a price.

I am a keen observer of "The grid"; I notice when there is a remarkable improvement in my audio for no apparent reason. The last time I noticed this, I listened to music all night long. It was on a Christmas Eve, and there was a foot of snow outside; that's when I determined this remarkable improvement was the result of a quiet "grid"; that's when there is almost no commercial or industrial activity on the "electrical grid" near you, and residential use is quiet as well.

Normally this only occurs for a short time, but it's been like that for days; this has never happened before. Our present COVID 19 lockdown condition has given us a super quiet grid. That means our modest rigs are equivalent to much more expensive rigs that have expensive power supplies.

I am going to take advantage of this by doing a lot of recording. (when my reel to reel gets out of the shop) It's extremely unfortunate that we have this super quiet grid as a result of COVID 19, but there it is.
orpheus10
Never miss an opportunity to get a zinger in. Good for you! 🤗
a zinger in? what is that?

I only elaborate my idea about your film suggestion... a good film...

I dont believe in God in the usual sense of giving prizes or punitions...I believe in the testing history of life ...

Spanish flu estimated deaths: 50 millions

World war 2 : 85 millions

Mao deaths : between 30 to 80 millions
The Pope recently said that "God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, but nature never forgives."

“Who now speaks of the fires in Australia, or remembers that 18 months ago a boat could cross the North Pole because the glaciers had all melted?” he asked. “Who speaks now of the floods? I don’t know if these are the revenge of nature, but they are certainly nature’s responses.”

“This is the time to take the decisive step, to move from using and misusing nature to contemplating it,” he said.

“This crisis is affecting us all, rich and poor alike, and putting a spotlight on hypocrisy,” he said.

“I am worried by the hypocrisy of certain political personalities who speak of facing up to the crisis, of the problem of hunger in the world, but who in the meantime manufacture weapons.”

All the best,
Nonoise

Nature test to improve....The body not always, the consciousness always....

Forgiving is the only way....No survival of consciousness is possible without forgiving, only stalling...
I'm still waiting for an explanation of a statement made by the second poster in this thread.
None of which is why they made it though.
So the virus is not natural, but made by some unnamed group for some unrevealed purpose. I just don't understand why someone would make such an assertion and then run and hide from it.