VTA on the fly

Of the four tonearms I own, they all have VTA on the fly.  Several months ago I had a small club meeting at my house for Classical music with LP's. 

Now this is really interesting, one of the attendees claims to have a 30,000 LP record collection.  This gentleman in his mid 70's is very familiar with the Boston Symphony Hall and orchestra.  When I played a Boston Symphony record that he brought, he claimed there should be more bass.  While the record was playing I turned the micrometer one half turn clockwise, and there was according to him the right amount of bass.  He then asked me what I did, because he seemed startled, and had no idea.

Think of it, an audiophile that loves and has been playing LP's for over fifty years, but had no idea of the advantages of VTA on the fly.  
128x128vv32bl
VTA on the fly is ok, works perfectly fine on my SME V, small changes will not affect overhang or VTF, SRA is more sensitive with VTF. 

So to sum up, maybe the OP can answer the age-old question... "can you teach an old dog new tricks"?
small changes will not affect overhang or VTF...
small changes in VTA do affect overhang and VTF. Just in a small way 😊

“So I had to mod his mod with my mod to finally have the perfect mod“

Haha! Love it! You never cease to amuse me, and I always enjoy your comments, millercarbon.
Thanks for the laugh. :-)