Victor TT 801

Hi all.
Anyone own it?
Has it ever been necessary to carry out a recap or suffered a failure and carry out the calibration or repair without a service manual available in the world?
128x128best-groove
@chakster 

first of all the TT801 is much more simplified as components and less chaotic for assistance than the TT-101, then it does not have oil inside the spindle but grease.
If it sounds better it will be difficult to prove, but it is so fascinating.

@dickson 

it seems incredible that in the world there is no service manual for this damned turntable.
So my original hunch that the 801 could be a 101 that uses more ICs and fewer transistors now looks to have been correct . But chakster was so certain the electronics were from the 81....

Replacing the electrolytics in the PS should not necessitate a recalibration. And ought to be done. Film capacitors in the rest of the circuit do not usually fail and can be left alone. It would be ill advised to replace ICs if the thing is working. Good to have spares available however.
@lewm maybe i was wrong, but simplified circuit and model number speaks for itself. Also i remember some other users posted that it's closer to TT-81 or almost identical. Since i never owned TT-81 or 801 i'm not sure. But i have two TT-101 and i never heard there was a better model than TT-101. 

We need more information. 
Chak, No one is infallible.  I was just pulling your leg, as we say in English.  The TT801 should not perform any better than a TT101 except by virtue of its vacuum mat.  The fact that it uses ICs in lieu of some discrete transistors found in the TT101 might make the TT801 even more difficult to repair, as the ICs may no longer be available.  As you know, you can apply an Audio Technica vacuum mat to a TT101 and expect a result similar to the TT801.  That's if you can find an AT vacuum mat that still works.
Post removed