TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66
Maybe try version 1.21 firmware if you haven’t already?? Which if I recall was from December 2018.
I did notice an improvement going from the shipped firmware version to 1.21. Mainly more stable in terms of dropouts during play is what I found after the switch which I did a week after getting unit if I recall
My unit came with v1.21, but I guess I was too quick to upgrade before I actually did any extensive testing. Not sure if I can downgrade now, especially the network piece which is 11.6.c now after all upgrades. Teac support mentioned v1.22 should bring more stability then anything else in terms of network connectivity, but who knows. I may look into downgrading if at all possible before I do the exchange with a new unit.
I didn’t even know v1.22 existed because on the Teac Europe site they don’t have 1.22, just 1.21.
Wonder why that would be? That’s why initially when you guys started talking about 1.22 I didn’t understand what you were talking about.

in the year I’ve owned mine I never visited the Japan site, only Europe and was always thinking I was current with v1.21. 

Now if you really want to be sure you are getting the version that’s worked great for me, pull 1.21 from the Europe site and skip the Japan site. How bizarre would that be if there were slight differences? Ugh, probably overthinking it ... But still odd to me that EP site no mention of 1.22
Update: Installed v1.21, did number of resets, and nothing really worked. Well there was a lesson learned of course and that was my unit is definitely hosed in a way I can’t explain, but can easily guess its HW related.

My lastest experiments show if I connect it over USB to say my Mac it would always be able to get an IP and be available over the network (go figure). However, if I do leave it to Network mode and power it down, and keep it down for say 10-15 mins and then power up (doesn’t make any diff if HW power switch or remote button) it would not get an IP.
All-in-all it’s going back to Teac (Onkyo here in US). A bit disappointing I was the one of the few unlucky Teac users out there cause according to Onkyo, there are no other reports of such behavior, or don’t want to admit it.
Although might be tempting... stay on v1.21 if you ask me and don’t fix something is not broken :)