$1500 for a whole system, budding audiophile

Just imagine you're in high school now. You're going to budget $1500 on Amplification, speakers, and a source/ sources. Where do you spend your money to get you through college and an entry level job? Let's assume you have the computer covered and not include cables or headphones in the budget. New? Vintage? Mix of both?
128x128patrickrealtor76
Find a used OPPO 105. Have seen them in the $800 - $850 range occasionally. Then buy a pair of KRK Rokit 8 active studio monitors for $500 brand new and run them straight off the OPPO. Mogami balanced patch cords will round out a very impressive $1500 system.
Patrickrealtor76 appeared to be asking for advice for himself or a friend as to how to maximize a listening experience on a limited budget. He seemed sincere and asked politely. So what do some of you do? You choose to mock him for having a puny budget.

Maybe the next time someone starts a thread wondering why so few new people enter this hobby, you'll be on hand to clarify things for him. Unless they can start with more money than you have invested, you will embarrass them right on back to Amar.
Thank you Pgawan2b, recently an old friend contacted me and told me her husband was looking for a pair of JBL 4311's on ebay and what I thought of it. He's an old school guy and has been out of audio for many years but has some nostalgia for these. I picked out about 8 speakers from the local CL that were much less expensive than the JBL's that would completely smoke them. I guess it's most important if you know what to look for. I think a lot of people these days are not that knowledgeable, it's a dying hobby that's being taken over by bluetooth speakers and convenience...or everyone just thinks the latest is still the greatest.