Good and bad w/ replacing stock preamp jumpers?

In the past several days I replaced the stock preamp jumpers on my integrated ($2800 retail) with aftermarket jumpers. I was told once by an audiophile he felt that removing the stock jumpers on my integrated (the amp in question was an expensive one-$5k) for aftermarket jumpers can change the tonal balance of an integrated, thus changing the designers intended sonic presentation. What are your thoughts on this? What's your experience with aftermarket jumpers? Also, aren't the preamp jumpers perfoming the same function as interconnects do between a separate preamplifier and separate power amp? And if they are, why do most of these manufacturers use cheap pieces of metal to connect an integrated's preamp to amp? This occurs even in some of the better more expensive integrateds? Why not provide a quality connection that could conceivably improve the sonics of the unit? I've read where audiophiles with integrateds routinely replace these cheap metal jumpers with a quality interconnect and gain improvements. It makes no sense that a manufacturer spends the money on R&D to build a quality integrated with quality parts and then compromises it with a poor quality connection between the preamp and amp when there is all this hubbub in audiophilia about better and more exotic interconnects that will take your system to the next level. If the quality of interconnects are considered by almost everyone in the audio world to be so vital to an audio systems performace why is the quality of the preamp jumper no less important? Or am I way off base here? Thanks for your perspective.
foster_9
I also have an MA 6900 integrated. I swapped the stock jumpers for a pair of interconnects which I never cared for and the amp went from sounding a bit harsh to very smooth and spacious. Also just cleaning the jumpers and jacks once in while helps. But I prefer replacing them with short cables. 
Replacing stock jumpers is typically very efficacious. Many mfgr. jumpers are poor. If serious about obtaining the best result within reasonable effort/cost, I suggest trying no less than 3 brands/types. 
I like the term " audiophile nervosa" used above. It seems that the conversation is about conductivity, but isn't this a pre-amp to amp connection, almost no current? Low impedance pre-amp out to high impedance amp in? Many of you all must have better ears than me, but I have an EE degree, and worked in lab that specialized in audiometry.

If you want to worry about something consider the galvanic voltage created by the dis-similar metal you use coming in contact with the jacks. The distortion created at each of those connections probably cancels itself out anyway. Keep the stock jumpers, pay an artist their royalties.
Huge difference and not necessarily expensive tweek...try some Monster Pro Studio IC’s or M1000i’s.  I recently replaced several of my multi thousand dollar IC’s with a pair of Monster Pro Stufio XLR’s I had in my old recording bag!  Wow are they frickin fantastic 👍
Replaced the stock u-jumpers on my NAD 7175PE with some small (2”) pure silver solid wire and it completely changed the resolution of this integrated. The stock jumpers are non-magnetic (they seem to be stainless steel). It completely opened up the unit.. and I’ve had this unit for decades. It always seemed a bit dark and syrupy to me.. now it’s much more open. Def not snake oil.