Thiel CS 3.6 amplifier selection Monarchy SM 70?

Hello, I have seen a number of threads here dealing with the Thiel CS 3.6 speakers and how they require specific, high powered solid state amplification to sound decent. I know this and am now shopping for a single power amp or set of two mono SS power amps in the 1000-2000$ price level.

Currently I am intrigued with the idea of getting a "Made in USA" amp from a reputable company. I am about to call Odyssey about their Stratos stereo amp with the upgrades. I like that it has a 20 year warranty and that the company is located in Indianapolis - close enough to my Dayton Ohio home that I could drive over there if I needed to.

But then I started looking at the Monarchy SM 70 Pro (new edition) on the Monarchy Audio website. I like the look
masi61
WOW Perfect timing! I just hooked up my Thiel CS3.6 to a newly acquired Krell KSA 150.I'm very contented. the sound is not fatiguing, very open and the base very tight The current preamp im using is a Krell HTS so I'm in the market for a nice preamp to smoothen the edge considering Audible illusion, ARC and even Bryston BP25(not to bad for the money)It's all true what they say about the Thiels needing class A circuitry and this my friends never disappoint you! I used Krell FPB 600 before with thiels and wow what a mate that was! Sold them(needed the cash and had no time to listen, kind of lay low at that time)then back to Krell KSA powering actual 220wpc into 8ohms and with the 2ohmer impedance(Thiels are notorious in this level) 400+ wpc. I AM A VERY HAPPY CAMPER :)Just want to share this experience! Good luck!
I believe the KSA 150 is stereo amp. Glad you like the KSA 150 and Thiel 3.6 combo. When your budget and space allows, try quality mono blocks. The soundstage with the 3.6 would be even more spectacular.
You may want to add BAT pre amps to that list. Krell's really shine when everything is fully balanced. The BAT pre's tend to be a smidgen darker, which I think would work fantastic in that set up.
Hello guys! Thanks for the input and recommendations on possible preamp purchase to match the Krell KSA 150. I am sure I got a great match here with the Thiels also using MIT cables MH750 shotgun. Great match!!! HAPPY!HAPPY!HAPPY!There is a ML preamp on auction currently on AG I think it is the ML7 preamp. Iam also going to watch this!