Turntable Mats: Rubber, Felt or Cork.

I have a Linn Basik Turntable with an Akito tonearm and Rega Exacta 2 cartridge. Would one expect a noticeable sonic difference when changing from a felt mat to a rubber and cork mat?
joscow
Slaw, you make a good point about the possible coupling effect of a reflex clamp. In one of my systems I use a Sota reflex clamp. I noted that the interface between the bottom surface of the clamp where it contacts the record label is isolated from the record label by some standoffs. I don’t know how effective that is to eliminate coupling of vibration from a motor , But I certainly do not hear a problem. When we talk about vibration from a motor, I guess we are limiting ourselves to direct drive turntables. There really is almost 0 vibration from a good direct drive turntable motor, but there could be bearing noise. I don’t hear that either, with the Sota clamp. This is not to say you are wrong and I am right, it is just my observation. And in general I think coupling of the LP to the mat by using a weight or a clamp has been beneficial for me. I do not go in for superheavy record weights, however.
Coupling by a weight is recommended. What some will be spend on a periphery ring is equal to a nice record flattener.
@lewm ,

I appreciate your post. However, I have paid much Attention to how all of this sounds. Probably, 6 years.. The difference in SQ is striking, to an astute  listener.
You were the "instigator", by dismissing MyMat based upon a picture.

maybe, but it’s my impression, and it’s DIY producs.

Several MyMat users chimed in. Given the construction of MyMat, it’s flexible nature, it’s 1mm thick design, it’s ability to dampen motor noise and still decouple a record from a platter in a 1mm thick mat, is incredible!.

Every felt mat is as flexible as yours, this one is the thinnest ever, not sure why thin mat must be better than thick mat ?

I have all positive users’ posts. It seems to me, I have nothing to prove. Actually, one MyMat user said he didn’t like the Boston Mat (Sakura) at all in his system. Which brings me to another point...all of my customers , with different TTs, have all reported good things. Again, I have nothing to prove.

You don’t have to, i believe none of your customers compared it to Micro Seiki CU-180 gunmetal mat or SAEC SS-300 mat then. The comment about Boston Audio is just one opinion, you will not find negative feedbacks about BA mats, but latest Sakura System The Mat is not exactly BA mat, it’s mk3 version (it’s thinner if it’s important for you).

This is with just one MyMat, ...I have had one repeat customer. Two MyMats are better than one, and two are just 2mm thick, perfectly connected to your platter.

The question was about direct comparison of Your Mat to some of the best mats out there (such as Micro Seiki and SAEC people using for over 40 years, and modern mat like BA or The Mat from Sakura which is relatively new product).

An opinion of someone will be more valuable when i will see a list of mats compared to your mat. There are many bad mats of the market, especially new mats, but i want to remind you about the most popular expensive mats.

Did you ever try Micro Seiki CU-180 or CU-500 or maybe SAEC SS-300 ?
I guess you failed to remember @ noromance list of his personal mats and their benefit. 

This was early on in this very thread.

Like I said, I have nothing to prove.