Bass at your ears? (Bass imaging)

This song 'James Blake - Limit to your love' has this weird bass that kicks in at about 1:00 into it. Now I have heard this song on a few speakers and it sounded great but when I heard it on the magico m2 I could literally hear the bass right at my ears as if I was wearing heapdhones. It was such a strange sensation. Is this indicative of the m2s incredible imaging capability or is this something else? This was in an irregularly shaped room with a big hallway to one side and hardly any treatment.
smodtactical
The bass should be inside your body eating your bones. Try Billie Eilish next time :-)
But yes, I suppose he plays a lot with the phase button on the album to create these illusions. Mostly with his voice.
I just don't know how to describe it. I've heard well integrated deep bass many times on many systems and it sounds amazing. This is simply different. Its someone has 2 mini fans next to your ears or super fast driver that is just 1-2 cm from your outer ear and its vibrating. Its surprising. But if some of you are hearing it then maybe it was just a property of the room rather than super power of the magico m2.
Played it on Spotify. That synthetic bass is sustained and very low frequency. What I hear is the room resonating which makes the bass seem like it is encompassing you. The actual observed imaging effect is surely determined by specific room acoustics and setup.