Turntable Mats: Rubber, Felt or Cork.

I have a Linn Basik Turntable with an Akito tonearm and Rega Exacta 2 cartridge. Would one expect a noticeable sonic difference when changing from a felt mat to a rubber and cork mat?
joscow
I am sorry, but i would never even try any mat that looks like that one in the ad. And i would not use such mats even if it’s claimed to be superior to $400 mats, because i own those $250-1200 mats and they are just great.

I think it is also important how a seller represent his product for his customers, i hope my criticism will help to improve it, nothing personal here, just a good advice.

This is DIY product, very simple, in my opinion with very high price for a piece of something that looks like a 5 year old kid just cut it for fun. That was my first impression, today i just checked again and i have the same feeling. 

Again, nothing personal here, if someone like then it buy it for $49.

I do not sell Sakura Systems THE MAT and i am not related to that company at all, i bought THE MAT for $250 + shipping and i can highly recommend this mat here on audiogon, because it is a top quality product even after i have compared it to gunmetal mats that cost over $1k. Boston Audio designed first 2 versions of the mat.

For $250 it’s the best buy (imo).

Well @chakster, thankfully I’m not selling these to make a living or to make a profit. It is a labor of love for those of us who can appreciate a superior sounding product for what it is. Sorry you feel a need to tear it down without giving it a chance.
I tried a Boston Mat2 on my 401 years ago and sent it back. I have comments in another thread. Basically, while it did quiet things down by removing background grunge and offered what I'd call a stable panorama, it also removed the life and soul of the music to the point of my disbelief.
I also tried Slaws MyMat. Some non-scientific notes below from memory. VTA was adjusted for thickness.
Musicality/Detail/Soundstage/Quietness
Boston Mat - 5/5/6/10
Rubber - 7/6/7/7
Cork - 6/6/7/8
Vinyl 10" EP - 9/9/9/6
Bare PAC aluminum platter 10/10/10/7
MyMat 9/8/7/8

@noromance,

That's a pretty detailed way of remembering. 

Thanks for chiming in.

Steve