Hi efficient speaker, bass problems

I know i'm going to take a severe tongue lashing for asking this question but . Is it me , whenever I hear low efficient speakers they don't seem to have a grip on the bass like less sensitive units ? The amount of bass is there , and some have good weight , and punch , but where is the control ?
tmsorosk
I would think field coil technology would enable higher sensitivity designs by nature due to stronger magnetic fields being made possible than with natural magnetic materials.

I've assumed that the potential for greater magnitude magnetic fields (and hence potentially greater sensitivity in accordance) is the prime benefit of FC technology and why I personally would covet such an approach for its game changing potential ?

Still waiting for the first field coil walsh driver to make it to market.

John Strohbeen, are you listening? I suspect the OHM CLS 2 way Walsh driver approach would lend itself best to pushing the limits using a field coil approach.

DDD drivers might benefit as well but tend to do less of the bass s perhaps less beneficial there.

Full range Walsh drivers can be destroyed relatively easily still using conventional magnetic fields, so perhaps less value there.
Hi Unsound,
Its all perception my friend.
I think of low as 82 to 86
mid as 87 to 91
mid-high as 92 to 94
high as 95 +
Thats just me, I can see others not considering a mid high, but in the past, I've been aske say about 93db in sensitivity, is this normal or high. I've always said
"Well, its really mid to high"
Or is 87 really mid-low? Who really knows.
Tim, I suppose that's about as good an answer as I could reasonably expect.
Atmasphere, 50 Watts is not very high, but, if they are indeed 109 dB watt/1 meter your point is well taken. That is, if that's the free standing sensitivity.