Beware of NAD M3 Fire Hazard

My $3k NAD M3 started shooting sparks out the top and burned the shelf that was 8" above. Luckily I was home and not sleeping or the house would have burned down. If anyone has one of these I advise them to unplug it when not in use. I took it to two different repair shops and they said it would be about $800 to just get it running and there may be board issues. They advised not to take the gamble. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with it?
pwb
Al, that amp has a lot crap in it! How long did it take for you to find the 3 fuses?

pwb said:
I took it to the NAD authorized repair facility and they said a faulty power supply caused the round cylinder ( not sure of part name) to explode

round cylinder in the power supply???

I should have mentioned in my previous post that series arcing will not cause a fuse to blow. In the case of parallel arcing the current may not be high enough to cause a fuse to blow. The arcing can, will, create sparks though.

Jim
Al, that amp has a lot crap in it! How long did it take for you to find the 3 fuses?

Not long, Jim. The service manual includes a block diagram, a schematic, and a parts list. Which made it pretty easy to determine what fuses are being used, and where they are located in the circuitry.

And a quick look at rear panel photos that are available on the web confirmed that the fuses are not physically located on the panel.

Best regards,
-- Al
Take a look at the inside picture here:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/nad-m3-integrated-stereo-amplifi...

The two round metal covers at the bottom are on top of the transformer.  The next 4 round can things above are capacitors.  Just curious which one.