Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Glad there are some decent members here who are genuinely concerned for other fellow members welfare and possible state of mind down the road!

Kevin
I think those Savannah and Bengal kitties, have the capability to mess with one's mind..........more than the ET2.....

Just saying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

in my previous post.

......they always prefer to see and hear two "tables" spinning at the same time, over one. I think all those accompanying lights flashing, at the same time as the two wheels spinning, does work towards setting an Expectation Bias?

Here is the two "tables" reference 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mUHKMobM53NhoCsm8

(not a good idea to set your turntable speed to the album version showing)

Chris

If I decide to swing for an ET2 based table, I might have to send you a plane ticket to Jacksonville.......
Kevin
I think it makes good sense for a new owner to purchase the tonearm already mounted on a table, regardless of where that turntable lies in pecking order. The reason is, as long as one accepts there will be a learning curve, this way one can learn how the tonearm works, get familiar with it. Tweak its’ setup. It eliminates that whole learning "setup" on a new turntable. That would be daunting to someone not familiar with the tonearm. Once one was comfortable with the tonearm, a decision can then be made about another turntable for the tonearm. JMO

I can tell you every upgrade of turntable I did, The ET 2 tonearm went to new heights, which showed me clearly that the tables I was using were the bottlenecks.

Exciting......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhlXqYiTz2Q

8^0

For kickers...

Imagine that table setup in your room and the orientation of the ET tonearm. This is very important. What kind of track will that tiniest of signals run on ? Will it be a long course or a short one. We calculate the length.

Measure the length from the headshell running along the armwand straight across and into your phono stage inputs. We add some length for a happy face loop. Then we get Gene (or somebody like) to build you some straight shot wiring.

Wiring Effect on Mechanics 
Unlike for example the Kuzma Airline, the ET tonearm does not need the wiring as a cradle. But its very smooth bearing, can make the wiring a problem for the ET 2, if not orientated properly. 

For this reason, the single shot wiring gets added last, after you confirm the tonearm works well mechanically. By adding in the wire after, you can verify setup, and you can confirm how much effect the wiring has on movement.

Just some Out of the Box Setup advice. 

oh and you call Bruce and get him to send you two long I Beams setup with single and double leaf springs.

Then the fun can start.