Does anybody have experience with the Denon VL12 Zu Audio is selling?

My Project Classic crapped out after one year of use, either the motor burned out or the switch did.  What a piece of junk.

I’m considering buying a Denon VL12 that is on sale at Zu Audio website if it turns out the Project is finished

Anybody have any experience with those Zu Audio Denon turntables?

Thanks!
phillysoundfun
I think DL-103 stock (or from Zu) is better for superheavy tonearms like Fidelity-Research 64s and related.

That models Denon tonearm is for mid compliance cartridges (like everything today). 

The only Denon in my arsenal is DP-80 and it's absolutely amazing reference class Direct Drive turntable. The price for this DP-80 is affordable on used market. DA-401 tonearm is great too! 

An alternative to everything NEW is some killer vintage DD turntables.  

Thanks ArvinCastro!

Good to know that you have one and use it as a your main deck for audio listening purposes.   I'm giving serious consideration to buying one.  

I was concerned the light ring around the platter may cause some hum.  If you're using it with that fantastic rig you have pics of clearly its not.  

Oh and great unboxing pics.  I wish that video was still up.

Thanks!
@phillysoundfun

Glad to have helped however I could...Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Arvin
I bought my DJ12 earlier this year. My first TT since high school, WAY back in the 80s. Still have it, play it practically daily. Enjoying rebuilding my vinyl collection. Anyhoots, I'm using an Ortofon 2M blue cartridge. I originally ordered it with their modded denon mc cart but I couldn't get rid of this persistent hum when I used it. With an mm it's nearly dead quiet. Maybe it was a grounding issue or something, I looked at all possibilities. 

I think they sound delish. Easy to use, tweak, adjust, etc. No idea the mods Zu did on it, if any, but I bought it direct from them. 

Oh and: the colored light ring is a hoot. Every morning I pick a new color!