Which DAC makers let you do in home trial?

I'm interested in comparing some DACS for purchase, maximum price about $1600, let's say.
Auditioning them is a hope.
I know that people can get speakers and sometimes amps on trials from manufacturers and from some brick and mortar shops.
So, my question to you all is:
Have you been able to audition DAC's in your home? Which companies with good at home trials and return policies (besides Ps Audio, which is great about that but their DAC is super expensive).
The alternative is just to take a shot in the dark, which I'd prefer not to do. I like to take time and assess before spending this kind of money.
128x128hilde45
I do not recommend a limited time ’demo’ or ’audition’ given where you are in your journey.

Commit to a DAC. Live with it. Optimize it. LEARN. And Enjoy it. Move on only after you have learned as much as you can and have figured out where your path leads next, at that point in time.

+1 re. @cal3713 ’s point on NOS R2R DACs.

There are a number of examples that have worked well for numerous and varied members [within your specified budget].

They can be Solid State (and I would choose solid state)...to @djones51 ’s valid point regarding best pairings / synergies, SHOULD YOU follow the DAC with tubed amplification.
Anything that Crutchfield sells comes with a 60-day trial.

The new Topping D-90 has outstanding measurements & has gotten great reactions from early users. I'd be tempted to try it, at $699. Available from Apos with a 30-day return. Benchmark also has a return period, I think 30 days.
@david_ten Thanks for your input. I was planning on making the best possible guess based on recommendations, but I like the idea of being able to return a $1500 DAC if it's not working out. I'm not planning on being fickle about the choice, if that's how I came across. Still, I take your point -- which I assume is that one needs to not be under the illusion that they can avoid the longer experience of learning-by-listening. That makes sense to me, and I can imagine just committing, as you say, with a solid recommendation in hand.
As @david_ten states, I agree there’s a lot to be gained by committing to a dac, but I also think that you learn a lot by comparing options side-by-side in your own system.

My approach was to order as many free-trial contenders as I could at the same time and then choose the winner. Sure, the dacs change over time, but you will also hear the basic differences in house sound at those early stages. If one’s in first place after 10 days of burning in, I highly doubt it could end up in last after 30. That comparison process will at the least give you solid "tiers" that are very unlikely to change no matter how long you spend with a particular dac.

Choose from the top tier and you’ll be happy, and will have learned enough not to be tempted by the new alternatives that pop up every month.