What is it.........

About hearing a certain song say over an AM car radio that even a high end system doesnt seem to convey the same emotion or soul of the song?
ishkabibil
Sorry, I cannot relate to this post. I cannot think of a single instance where any music played on an inferior system, much less a radio, was more moving, compelling, soulful, etc. than on my finest system. 

Imo, emotion or soul of the song is not conveyed well on poor audio systems. YMMV 
There are songs that sound great in the car that I will never listen to at home.Black Sabbath,Ted Nugent,the Cars(ha!),etc.
Cranking tunes in the car is just fun in a way home listening isn't neither is better or worse just different. I always sing in the car I rarely sing along at home. Plus fewer distractions in the car, except for when there are more.

Imo, emotion or soul of the song is not conveyed well on poor audio systems.

Its like saying as a somgwriter you better hope everyone has a great system....

All of the emotion and soul lies in the song itself not the system its played on.

Actually a highly resolving system ruins otherwise great somgs by revealing shortcomings in the recording.

Take great mono cuts on a car radio needs absolutely no help conveying its soul.
Not sure about emotion and soul but there sure are plenty of albums that sound WAY better in a car than on my main rig.
I'm thinking overly compressed ones like Attention Attention by Shinedown.
I can barely get through track 1 at home but in the car it loses a lot of that edginess and is sort of palatable.