Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
I bought it in '87.

It broke after like two years. I'd always heard to stay away from extended warranties but for some reason this was the one time I actually bought one. How 'bout that!

But the warranty was from the infamous Crazy Eddie. It/he was was bankrupt by then. How bout that too.
Yes,a Sony CDP-302. I still have it, and it works perfectly. My girlfriend got it for my B'day. She spent way more than she should have(I'm glad she did!). She got me that instead of a ring...that's why I married her
a couple of years later(love had a little something to do with it also). We're still married today, because
she understands(allows...) my addiction...:-)

Mark
My parents bought me a Pioneer pdm 60 in '87 for graduation. I used it until last year. Now it's at a buddys house getting used almost daily. It came with a single cd cartridge and a 6 cd cartridge. The cd had to go in upside down. I never once had an issue with the 6 disc changer.Ever.
My first player was also a Sony CDP 101 that I picked up new in '83. It was cool being the first kid on the block with a CD player but there were only about a dozen rock albums on CD at the time. Despite it's shortcomings I thought that the Compact Disc may actually take off and replace vinyl !
JC Penny baby! It was made by NAD, but was branded differently (can't remember the name). Remember when JCP's had an electronics department? They actually had some decent mid-level equipment - I bought a Proton tuner from there and it was pretty darn good....