Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
sony es 555xp
purchased in 1992 was second from the top sony at the time.

had for 15 years until i bought a naim cdx-2 which has now been upgraded to a naim cds-3.
I absolutely cannot believe that this thread is still going after over four years.

Now I remember why I love you guys...
I resisted cd's for a long time and stuck with vinyl until it started getting really hard to get new releases. Around '94 I broke down and bought a Denon something or other. I was really surprised at how bright and un-enjoyable it sounded.

The place I bought it from wouldn't take it back and somehow or another I stumbled on Innovative Audio in Brooklyn. I went there looking for a better Denon or a Sony or something and they must have been rubbing their hands together when they saw me coming. He A/B'd a Nad (I think) that was in my price range with a Cal Icon that wasn't and the proverbial light bulb went off in my head. Game over.

I still have the Icon, still like the way it sounds...
Magnavox CDB 650 for me as well. I upgraded to a rotel rcd 855. Still have that one in the closet.
Yep, Rega Saturn. Just bought it 6 months ago. I stuck with my turntable rig I've owned since the 1980's (SOTA/SME). Just got married and we (she) needed the convenience of CD's, since she was not allowed to touch my turntable rig! I can't believe I finally did it.....got married and bought a CDP!!! At 44 years of age, it's about time (for both).