Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
dbx dx5. Still works perfect to this day and has some of the best error control ever incorporated into a unit. My view.
c-ya
ToddG
A JVC unit, for the longest time, I only had just one cd. The music would skip sometimes and I thought it was the player,after all cd's were say to be perfect in every way. I gave the player away to a relative, and went back to lp's, only to find it was the disc itself and not the player. He still has the jvc cd player.
Mine was a Sony D5 portable CD player purchased new in 1986. It still works to this day! Amazing longevity after all it's been through. I bought during my college partying daze.
Yes, the Magnavox CDB 650 is still being used today. Other components have come and gone.
Philips CDP101. I bought it June 1984. It is still in the family. It impressed me for being different than vinyl but in reality now 24 years later I realize that vinyl is still king but CD's will too always have a place for me.